U.S. Stone Imports
- Published: 12 May 2011 12 May 2011
Is the recovery continuing for stone? The data from U.S. ports-of-entry offers a mixed report; most categories and countries are building up from 2010, but a single country -- and it's a big one -- may cast some uncertainty.
- Published: 19 April 2011 19 April 2011
The shortest month of the year offers some of the smallest numbers, but the 2011 totals tend to top 2010's performance.
- Published: 23 March 2011 23 March 2011
Granite shipments remain strong at the start of 2011, with Brazil finding hot competition from China to be #1. Travertine also shows signs of good recovery, according to a Stone Business analysis of U.S. import data.
- Published: 15 February 2011 15 February 2011
- Published: 22 January 2011 22 January 2011
Granite and slate have an exceptional month. Marble is here and there, travertine gets its growth outside of Turkey, and other calcareous stone still suffers from the Lebanese letdown.