U.S. Stone Imports
- Published: 11 December 2010 11 December 2010
Granite’s recovery at the start of Fourth Quarter 2010 is robust; although marble is in the doldrums and travertine is declining from a peak in mid-summer. Other calcareous, meanwhile, is just plain wacky.
- Published: 07 August 2010 07 August 2010
Editor, Stone Business
Good gains continue with granite and marble as the import market begins to recover. Travertine looks static, other calcareous is weak, and slate suffers from China dropping its export of the stone by a third.
- Published: 01 July 2010 01 July 2010
A mainly positive report for the latest month available, especially with granite and marble. Travertine is a bit moribund, while slate and other calcareous still work out recovery strategies.
- Published: 12 May 2010 12 May 2010
CARRARA, Italy – An upcoming study of worldwide dimensional stone shows a tonnage drop by more than 10 percent from 2007 to 2009.
- Published: 08 March 2010 08 March 2010