News Now! From Stone Business
MIA Takes Classes Online
- Published: 26 April 2009 26 April 2009
“This is a new venue for us,” said Jim Hieb, MIA’s director of special projects. “We will offer five 60-minute training sessions that can be viewed live or later via podcast. A key feature of a webinar is its interactive elements: the ability to give, receive, and discuss information. This differs from a webcast where the data transmission is one way, and does not allow interaction between the presenter and the audience.”
Participants can view the webinar live, stream a recording of the event at a later date, or purchase a CD Box Set, which includes the audio recording and access to the session handouts. CD Box Sets will be shipped approximately two weeks after the live program date.
The upcoming schedule for live broadcasts (all at 3:30 p.m. Eastern Time) includes:
• Natural vs. Engineered Stone: Tips for a Sales & Showroom Associate's Success, with Duane Naquin on Feb. 20.
• Working with your Slab Distributor: Tips for a Fabricator's Success, with Keith Graves on March 5.
• Dumping Water? Don't Assume Local Government Compliance Is Enough. with John Fallon on April 2.
• Yellow Pages and Online Search: Being in the Right Place When Customers Look for a Stone Contractor, with Marty Gould on Aug. 6.
•.A commercial topic, to be announced, on Dec.10th.